Use your project management and enthusiasm to manage and further develop the two “Great Rides” and associated cycle trail experiences in Nelson-Tasman. This role offers:
- Contract opportunity 30-40 hours per week
- Flexibility to manage your own working hours
- Optimise cycle trail opportunities in the region
- Work with a highly committed and energetic group of Trustees
You will work for a non-profit organisation whose aim is to create and maintain unique, safe and diverse cycle trail experiences that showcase the best of the Nelson-Tasman region, including the Great Taste Trail, the Coppermine Trail, and other regionally and nationally significant trails and linkages.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced project manager to be the local Great Rides Trail Manager, delivering services for the Trust to Tasman District and Nelson City Councils.
The scope of this role is broad and includes:
- Liaising between the Trust and key stakeholders to develop and maintain the regions two great rides – Tasman’s Great Taste Trail and the Coppermine Trail
- Being proactive in identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance the rider/visitor experience on the trails
- Developing and implementing project plans for trail construction and maintenance
- Managing engagement of contractors/sub consultants
- Reporting on project progress, problems and solutions
- Liaising with other cycle groups within the region
A proven construction or engineering project management background and the ability to operate autonomously with a high level of integrity is essential, as is a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
If you’ve got a flexible “can do” approach with exceptional people skills and enjoy leading challenging projects, then this is a great opportunity to make a positive contribution to the local community.
For applications, enquiries and full role description email Elizabeth Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 18th September.