A detour is now in place for the section of the Dun Trail from Four Corners to Third House. The detour route follows the Brook Waimarama Sanctuary fence bench.
Please note the following:
- This is an operational area and maintenance vehicles, equipment and materials will often be present, as well as fence inspection personnel.
- The bench track has several cut-off drains producing sudden bumps and hollows, the grade of the route may differ from the Dun Trail.
- If mountain biking please take extra care and ride with caution.
- Please do not interfere with any fence infrastructure (or lean bikes against the fence).
- Please notify the Brook Waimarama Sanctuary Trust if you notice any issues.
- The closure beyond Third House (to Windy Point and Coppermine Saddle) for pest hunting operations is still scheduled to take place from 17 to 30 September.
The intention is for the detour to remain open until the Dun Trail is remediated, however closure may be necessary from time to time for operational or health and safety reasons, or if the slip event occurs.