Project Manager / Trail Manager - Nelson Tasman Cycle Trails Trust
- Contract opportunity 20-30 hours per week
- Flexibility to manage your own working hours
- Optimise cycle trail opportunities in the region
- Work with a highly committed and energetic group of Trustees
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Councils, central government and local businesses
Use your project management, interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to further develop the two “Great Rides” and associated facilities in Nelson/Tasman.
You will work for a non-profit organisation whose aim is to create and maintain unique, safe and diverse cycle trail experiences that showcase the best of the Nelson-Tasman region for visitors and locals.
The scope of this role is broad and includes:
- Liaising between the Trust, NCC, TDC, the NZ Cycle Trail organisation and Central Government (MBIE and NZTA) to develop, maintain and promote the region’s two great rides – Tasman’s Great Taste Trail and the Coppermine Trail, to enhance the rider/visitor experience on the trails
- Developing and implementing project plans for trail development and maintenance
- Managing engagement of contractors/sub consultants
- Reporting on project progress, problems and solutions
- Liaising with other cycle groups within the region
You will enjoy using your experience and initiative to proactively manage the development and maintenance of the trails.
A proven construction or engineering project management background and the ability to operate autonomously with a high level of integrity is essential, as is a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
If you’ve got a flexible “can do” approach with exceptional people skills and enjoy leading challenging projects, then this is a great opportunity to make a positive contribution to the local community.
For applications, enquiries and full role description email Gill Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org